EvansComm team helps Valley of the Sun United Way raise $150,000 to fight hunger in schools
Our work is most rewarding when we're helping our clients make a difference in the community. And last week we experienced a great example of just that.
Our team helped Valley of the Sun United Way with an event called "We Are UNITED." The event, presented by their Women's Leadership Council, featured keynote speaker Leigh Anne Tuohy, the inspirational mom from the film "The Blind Side."
More than 600 people packed the Frank Lloyd Wright Ballroom at the Arizona Biltmore for the event and to raise money for United Way's Breakfast in the Classroom program, which fights hunger by providing breakfast in elementary schools in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods.
And the event was a tremendous success — it raised more than $150,000 for the program, which will help it almost triple in size in the coming months and feed more than 20,000 more students each day.
Our team helped the United Way team in a wide variety of ways at this event, including:
• Event branding and logo development
• Creation of all visuals and collateral materials
• Event planning and logistics
• Media outreach and publicity
• And, in partnership with our friends at Thurlkill Studios, the creation of the video you see above on Breakfast in the Classroom, which was shown right before the call for donations took place
We're continuing to work with Valley of the Sun United Way to further promote the benefits of Breakfast in the Classroom, and are proud to be able to help them meet such a critical need in our community. If you'd like to learn how you can make a difference as well, visit www.vsuw.org/breakfast.