Spring Fever is setting in for Evans Communications and its clients!
Ah, spring in Arizona. It’s the best time of year in our great state and the reason why we all live here. And for Evans Communications, it’s the busiest time of year as well.
So what have we been up to? Oh, a few things:
• After two years of hard work, we were proud to be part of the team that in January secured approval for the new Ritz-Carlton Paradise Valley, on behalf of our client Five Star Development. Look for this crown jewel of the Valley of the Sun to open in 2018.
• We are pleased to be working with the Historical League, Inc. on the 2017 Historymakers Gala. Last week, the League announced the Historymakers at an event at the Arizona Heritage Center at Papago Park.
The Historymakers program honors outstanding Arizonans who have distinguished themselves with noted achievements in diverse areas and have maintained their ties to Arizona. The Historymakers for 2017 are Ed Beauvais, Wink Crigler, Senator Jon Kyl, the Papp Family, Dr. Robert Spetzler and Dr. Warren Stewart.
• Last week our team helped with the launch of Cancer Moonshot 2020’s Pediatric Cancer Consortium. This incredible effort to fight pediatric cancer will be heavily centered in Arizona. Our team helped with the launch event and PR for the announcement at the State Capitol last week.
That’s Mike Saucier (left) and Tom Evans (right) with Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, the driving force behind this ambitious effort. You can read some of the press we got here. And here. And here. And here too.
• We’re helping our friend Rusty Foley and the Arizona Citizens for the Arts with the Governor’s Arts Awards, which are coming up on March 23 at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix Hotel. Come to think of it, you should probably go ahead and get your tickets now.
• We’re proud to be helping Valley of the Sun United Way with two major upcoming events.
The first is Win UNITED, A Scavenger Hunt to benefit Valley of the Sun United Way, coming up on March 5 at CityScape. This fun event is an opportunity for teams to participate in a hunt throughout downtown Phoenix and win great prizes while helping the United Way help Valley families.
And the second is We Are UNITED, a luncheon featuring Leigh Ann Tuohy, the inspirational mother from the film “The Blind Side.” This event on April 7 will raise funds for Valley of the Sun United Way’s Breakfast in the Classroom program, which helps ensure students in economically disadvantaged schools get a nutritious breakfast so they can focus on their studies.
• We’re also working with Scottsdale Training and Rehabilitation Services, or STARS, on their Fiesta STARS and Fashion Show coming up on April 9 at the Scottsdale Hilton Resort. We will be helping STARS roll out the red carpet for an evening celebrating their participants and the work STARS is doing to help those with developmental disabilities (and their families) thrive.
And that’s just some of what’s going on — we don’t want to overwhelm you. We’ll send out another one of these in a few weeks with more information (and so that our other exceptional clients don’t feel snubbed). After all, we know you probably want to get outside and enjoy the spring weather. In the meantime, keep in touch by following us on Facebook and Twitter!